North Fort Bend County Water Authority (NFBWA) is recommending that districts they serve implement Stage 1 of their Drought Contingency Plans. This will go into effect June 30th, and continue until notice is provided that the implementation has been lifted.
The goal is a 10% reduction in all water use and is currently voluntary. Mandatory measures may be imposed, if a water shortage continues.
- Please conserve water daily under the following guidelines:
- District customers are requested to voluntarily reduce all water usage.
- Check for and repair all leaks, including sprinkler systems, leaky faucets, and/or running toilets.
- All outdoor water use should be avoided between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and between the hours of 6:00 p.m and 12:00 a.m (midnight).
- Customers with even-numbered addresses should limit outdoor water usage, including yard watering, to even-numbered days.
- Customers with odd-numbered addresses should limit outdoor water usage, including yard watering, to odd-numbered days.
Please visit https://www.nfbwa.com/water-saving-tips for additional water saving tips.